If Christianity was like an island of life... (and it is)
... some would find it a rocky, difficult thing to get to, with no reason to try.
... some might struggle, thinking they would drown in the waters around it and go back.
But all of us who make it to salvation and know, Christianity is an island of life - we are separate unto ourselves; living in the world under a different classification of life.
That's what "consecrated" means. That's what "holy" means. We are separated unto God.
... some dangle with their feet in the water, struggling to stay on firm ground.
... some look back with longing, remembering life as being better on the shifting sand.
... and some look ahead with determination to climb the mountain of their lifestyle.
In doing so, they are meeting the requirements of their Christianity in a variety of ways:
- They go to church (maybe, sometimes or diligently)
- They give to their church (maybe, sometimes or faithfully)
- They try to remember to say grace before each meal (except at restaurants)
- They try to be kind, loving, compassionate and a good friend
- And they try to remove themselves from those who aren't (maybe)
- They try to remove sin from their lives - like lying, drinking, smoking, etc.
- They try to forgive others of their wrongs (maybe... sometimes)
- They try to be a good person... and trust their pastor to teach them how (kind of)
- And they pray to ask God to help them with their problems (kind of)
- They trust that God is sovereign, in control and on His Throne
- They trust that God knows their hearts and their needs
- They trust that all that happens, good or bad, is all in God's plan
- They hope God hears their prayers
- They hope God answers their prayers
- They hope God loves them and has forgiven them
- They know they're still a sinner and will still sin, and hope God still forgives them
- They know that troubles will come and tomorrow is not promised
- But they hope they do enough to make it to Heaven to be with Jesus one day
- And they hope they don't commit the unforgiveable sin and God changes His mind
They call it "life."
But look at the picture at the top of this post once again...
Do you see the light that is shining within?
That's the light of Christ living within you.
- Does your light shine?
- Does your light warm you?
- Does your light protect you?
- Does your light comfort you?
- Does your light fill you?
- Does your light provide a beacon of hope for others?
- Does your light provide a beacon of direction for others?
- Does your light burn HOT with the fire of the Holy Ghost?
- You don't have to climb any part of the mountain to get to it by doing that list.
- You don't have to be worthy of it to get to it.
- You won't lose access to it... the door to it is always open.
- You won't lose access to it... it's always there and it's yours forever.
- You won't have to fight to keep it.
- You don't have to doubt it.
- You can trust it.
That light is the righteousness of God that He's given you through Christ.
That light has all you'll ever need for "island living."
- It has provision
- It has protection
- It has deliverance from the waters that will drown you
- It has deliverance from the storms that will destroy you
- It has deliverance from the predators that will attack you
- It has refuge from the rocky, difficult places
- It has stability from the sinking sands surrounding you
- It has healing, prosperity and provides peace of mind
- It gives you purpose
- It gives you power
- It gives you authority
- It gives you control
- It gives you wisdom
- It gives you all you need to live a life in Christ
That light is the Kingdom of God inside you...
Luke 17:20-21 "And when he [Jesus] was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
The light of your island life in Christ is within you. So...
... just stop climbing. Just stop trying.
... just receive the light and all that comes with it.
... just receive the Kingdom of God.
Living IN the light of the island of your Christianity means...
- You ARE the church
- You give to God to help build the church
- You live in Grace, under Grace and with favor, not under the law
- You are kind, loving, compassionate and a friend of the Lord
- And you pray for those who aren't
- You know you are dead to sin, forgiven of sin and no longer tempted by sin
- And you forgive others of their sins
- You know God has nothing but good for you and trust your pastor to teach you
- And you pray to ask God to help you in all things because He promised He would
- You know God is sovereign and on His Throne, but that He's given you dominion
- You trust God with all your heart and know He supplies your needs
- You trust that all that happens, good or bad, will work together for your good
- You know God hears your prayers simply because He loves you
- You know God answers your prayers simply because He hears them
- You know God loves you and has forgiven you once and for all
- You know you've been saved from sin and that the devil is the source of it all
- You know troubles will come but that no weapon formed against you will prosper
- You know you have the power to bring Heaven to Earth
- You know you'll make it to Heaven to be with Jesus one day
- But you hope your loved ones will accept Jesus and join you there too
- And you hope the world learns the truth and change their minds about God
... just lean on the love of the Lord and enter in to the light of God's love for you.
It's the light of Christ within you.
Power, love & peace, ya'll -