iChurch4Life @ The House of His Glory

Saturday, October 13, 2018

LET'S GET REAL!

Pastor Deidre Jones











So, let's get real a minute...

How many of you are actually happy with the direction your life is going?

*** Before you answer, I'm going to insert a little story:

Four days a week, at 6:45 am, I walk a mile around a local area of office buildings.  I walk, praise and talk to my Heavenly Father and the landscapers keep it clean and trim and it's quiet.  Usually at that time of the morning, the sprinklers come on or have recently been on - depending on the day of the weak.

But lately I have seen snails even when the sprinklers haven't been on.  And if you know me, you KNOW that I cannot stand snails! I hate them; they are gross; sorry, Lord - not sorry!

But, thank God I did see them - because I would have been out for the count and still horrified disgusted if I had stepped on one!  And, getting to the point - each day, I only saw one - all total 4.

  1. One big one, headed the wrong direction.
  2. One medium sized one headed in the right direction
  3. Another really yucky big one, headed in the wrong direction
  4. And finally, one little tiny one, headed in the right direction and almost there!
Where is there?  And which directions were right and wrong?

Well, the way I see it - snails belong in the grass.  If a snail is on the sidewalk headed toward the street and far away from the grass - it's headed in the wrong direction!  Even the medium sized one - while facing towards the grass, had a long way to go from where it was on the sidewalk.

But that last little one - it seemed to be doing way better than the others! It was facing the grass, moving in the right direction and didn't have too much farther to go!

Here's why these funky, yucky snails are so significant to the question I've asked at the top of the post...

Realistically, most people just are not happy with the direction their lives are going.  Some don't even know if they even have a direction - they just go through the motions, on their own little "hamster wheel of life," convinced that's all there is.

Each morning that I saw these slimy critters, I was in the middle of asking my Heavenly Father about the direction of my own life and the ministry He's asked me to pastor for Him.  

And let's be real... I admit it, I was also comparing my circumstance to others of my "peers" who seem to be doing what I want to do; what I'm trying to do; what I hope to do and also... what I don't have the money or the members to do!

I told you I was going to get real!

But here's the real deal...

God spoke to me through those nasty old snails!

  1. Yep, some ministries are bigger; doing big things and seem more mature, and seem like they've got it going on.  But really, they are just headed in the wrong direction.
  2. Other ministries, while yes, they are still bigger than mine, doing big things and headed in the direction I'm hoping to go - they also might just be running towards the end of their course and may not actually make it to their desired destination.
  3. Some ministries are doing big things, they are out there in the world with high visibility, moving fast and making progress, but that might be the peak of what they accomplish.
  4. And while I may be little and I may be slower to get there - I am headed in the right direction; I'm almost there and I have the potential to get bigger, do big things and continue on for a good, long time.
I hate snails.   And maybe I don't always like the process either.
But, just like I trust that God MUST have some good purpose for nasty snails, I also trust that His purpose for me will be accomplished so long as I just keep heading in the direction he's given me.

So, what about you?  

Maybe it's time to get real with yourself.  Are you headed in God's direction for your life?

If not or not sure... consider becoming member of The House of His Glory and let's let God be the lamp unto our footsteps - together.


Power, love & peace, ya'll - 
~Pastor D 🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment