iChurch4Life @ The House of His Glory

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Revelation of Thanks

"Thank you Lord for all you've done for me."



We sing the song, say it in prayer and dutifully testify the list of all Jesus HAS done for us.  We scrutinize our lives trying to put into words how Jesus pulled us out from the miry clay and brought us from a mighty long way.

And if you're like me, you struggle to think of something new, as if your gratitude is stale and insincere if you don't.

But if Jesus did all the work at the cross when He declared "It is finished," and if God has already given us all things that pertain to life and godliness, then all that Jesus has done (past tense) includes all the things we haven't even seen yet - and all the things we're currently praying for! (2 Peter 1:3)

Does that make sense to you yet?

God has already done everything He's promised He would do through Jesus Christ - when Jesus died on the cross over 2000 years ago.  So for the Father, we've already received everything we haven't even yet prayed for!

Wow... that truth should not only change how you pray, but especially how you give thanks and what you're thankful for.

As for me... I am thankful for every protection I haven't even received yet, for all the prosperity I haven't received YET, for the long life I haven't finished living yet and the health, peace, love and joy that is mine until the end of my days!

Power, love & peace...
~Pastor Deidre Campbell-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment